Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Michael Miller


For the past 18 months I have been writing to a prisoner on Death Row in Georgia called Michael Miller. In the last 3 months executions have started again in this state as it was ruled that lethal injection was not inhumane. In my last letter Michael, who has been on death row for over 20 years, has told me he has dropped his appeal and put forward for his execution as he 'has given up.' Please can you pray with me that God would minister to Michael in his time of need, and that Michael would know the rest that Jesus promises and has brought for us in his crucifixion from Matthew 11.28-30.


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."


Please also pray that the letter I have written to him today would encourage him, and enable him to hold firm in his faith to the end and that his knowledge of God's love for him and his complete forgiveness would not waiver.


Thank you

No comments: