Monday, June 9, 2008

Important prayer request

Dear friends,

Whilst at a park in Beverly yesterday, I met a guy called John. From our conversation it was clear that he has had a lot of pain and suffering in his life. We talked for a couple of hours whilst watching our daughters play. When it was time to go I asked if I could pray with him.
I prayed that Jesus would show him how real he is, just as he showed me 5 years ago. Afterwards, he took my phone number. Tonight he phoned from hospital, where he was at the bedside of his girlfriend who has severe depression and the pure obsession form of OCD. He asked if I could pray with her on the phone, praise the Lord, which I did. I told Shelley about it when she came in, and she phoned John back and was able to offer hope and the assurance of healing and deliverance from this illness to his girlfriend Dina. Those of you that know us intimately know of our experience with this illness, and of the gift of healing prayer that Jesus has given me, even though John knew of neither of these. There are no accidents with God, and my meeting and conversation with the atheist John was no coincidence.
Please pray for deliverance from this illness for his girlfriend Dina, for a complete healing in the name of Jesus. Please pray that Jesus would show his love to her and free her from this terrible torment, as he can so easily do, and that Shelley and I can walk alongside or serve this couple in any way we can. I will be praying for Dina every day, and if you read this, please pray for her too, as the Holy Spirit leads you.
This is really important to us.

Thank you.

No comments: