New Years Eve.
Jess enjoying the snow.
Well, the update to this site has been a long time coming. Apologies for the delay, we've had a hectic time recently and I seem to have some strange electromagnetic field around me, where every time I try and connect to the internet, our shared wireless connection fails. My mojo must be low today for it's working. We had a lovely Christmas, with Chris and Avril (Shelley's parents) visiting. Jess went into beserk mode opening her presents, and we all had a great time. It was also Chris' birthday, so we nailed him to a cross after dinner, which was nice. Chris and Avril returned to the UK on NYE and we spent the time with our close friends and neighbours, Derek and Brooke Baker. We all just sat awkwardly close on the sofa the entire night in silence, until it got to midnight, when we took the above photo.
We then went to bed at 12:01 and in true rock and roll fashion for seminary I decided to push the boat out and not clean my teeth.
The start of the new year was spent finishing up a course, and getting things ready for baby number 2, which meant moving my study from the closet to the bedroom and ferrying things to and from storage. My classes started the 4th week of January and I am studying Greek 2, learning how to do exegesis papers from the Greek New Testament, and an Educational Ministry of the Church course. The rest of the time was spent playing with Jess, either in the snow or hide and seek in the house.
Where on earth can Jess be?
Who'd have guessed it?
The bump is due 3 weeks on Monday, and poor Shelley is getting very tired and immobile. We’re all really excited to meet the new addition to our family, but are also anxious about our health getting bad as it did for Shelley and I last time. We would definitely appreciate prayers in this area, and for it to be God’s will that our baby is born healthy.
Please also pray that our house will be full of love, even despite the lack of sleep that is imminent, and that God grants us patience and gentleness with each other, for the coming time of the new addition, which qualifies as a “crisis” in counseling literature! It is our hope that Jessica will be able to share in the joy of having a new sibling, and won’t feel to unsettled.
I finally relented and started looking at the Forest results around Christmas, and was delighted to see that we were top of the league. Having since kept up to date, we now lie in fourth and are 4 points off second place and about 12 off first place. So I’m giving up on jinxing them again and will check the position in May. The Patriots had a shocker in the Super Bowl final and lost, but the Red Sox season starts soon. The Celtics continue to have the best record in the NBA although they are definitely going through a bit of a wobble at the moment. I should probably stop looking at their scores too.
Seeing that the internet connection has failed on me again as I have been writing this, I’m going to have to stop being so tight-fisted and by our own connection which should have much better reception. It might also prevent our laptop from meeting an untimely end by being stabbed with a biro.
God bless,
Andy (Shelley and Jess)
No comments:
Post a Comment